Explore what kind of birth experience you hope to have, how you and your partner envision working together and what kind of support you would like me to provide.
I completed doula training in 2007, through Seattle Midwifery School and am certified as a birth doula through DONA International. I attend births at all three Albuquerque hospitals, the Albuquerque birth centers as well as home births. After an initial interview, if you hire me as your doula, we will have two additional prenatal meetings in your home. I have experience supporting clients who have used self-hypnosis as well as other childbirth preparation methods.
- Initial interview
- Two prenatal meetings
- Birth and newborn plan suggestions
- Discussion of comfort measures and coping strategies for labor
- Information about the birth process
- Telephone and email support
- On call 24/7 – starts at 2 weeks prior to due date
During Labor & Birth
- Home and hospital support
- Comfort measures and coping strategies – relaxation techniques, use of tub & shower, movement & position changes
- Information and answers to your questions about the labor process
- Creating a comfortable birth environment
- Providing support and relief to your birth partner
- Continuous presence
- One to two hours immediate postpartum/breastfeeding support
- Postpartum comfort measures
- A visit in the first three days
- Newborn care information
- Telephone support
- A visit in your home within the first three weeks
Please contact me about my calendar for your due date and to schedule an interview at no charge.