The first weeks and months after a baby’s birth are momentous and can be highly challenging. New parents may live far from their families. Friends may not have the time nor be able to offer the kinds of support needed.
I provide Practical, hands on support during this important transitional time as you adjust to many changes and find your own rhythm and parenting style.
I completed training in 2008 and am cetified as a postpartum doula through DONA International. My education and doula training, years as an Infant/Toddler teacher and raising two children, have all contributed to my ability to understand and meet the needs of new families. Among many things, I offer tips for successful breastfeeding, baby soothing techniques and strategies for alleviating sleep deprivation. This kind of useful information and emotional support reduces the incidence of postpartum depression by reducing stress and quickly increases confidence in new parents. It is a pleasure to provide the following individualized postpartum services:
Mariposa In Home Support Services
- Breastfeeding assistance – latch, positioning, comfort measures, transitioning from shields
- Support for new mothers, fathers & grandparents
Newborn care – bathing, feeding, dressing diapering
- Baby soothing techniques that REALLY WORK – includes swaddling
- Strategies for increasing infant and parent sleep
- Use of baby carriers and wraps
- Information about infant needs and behaviors
- Help caring for twins, triplets and siblings
- Care for your baby so that you can nap
- Emotional support and a listening ear
- Light household tidying, laundry, dish washing
grocery shopping, errands
- Simple meal preparation
- Support services (books, DVDs)
Referrals & local resources to fit your needs
Time frames for postpartum visits are typically 3 – 5 hours, one to several days a week. Length of time for services may be as brief as one or two visits to several days a week for many months. Clients are scheduled on a first-come-first-served basis so advance scheduling is recommended.
CPR Certified Gift Certificates Available